Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Faux turtle

  
I decided to enter the challenge at Stamping 411 again this week.  Their team have created lots of “beautiful and pretty” cards, but I decided to do something a little different!  Mine isn’t really beautiful is it, but it’s a good male card.
 Picture 134
I decided to use my Nature’s Nest set again and I tried out a new technique on the old olive background piece.  I had seen a technique on Jackie Topa’s blog called Faux alligator, which looked very effective. Look here if you’d like to see how it’s done she is such a talented stamper. I used the same technique but did a kind of swirly pattern, trying to mimic the turtle shell.  So I did Faux turtle (or is it a tortoise?) technique instead.
I watercoloured the turtle and then used my versamarker pen over the top of that and clear embossed it, to give him a shiny shell.  (Although if he’s a tortoise he probably wouldn’t have a shiny shell would he?)  Then I cut him out and popped him up on dimensionals.
I used the Teeny tiny sentiments set again too.  The stamp actually says “i’m so sorry” but I used a choc chip marker and my stampamajig to add the extra “i’m” at the end.
Picture
It’s probably not a good sign that at the start of the year I’m making cards for when I don’t send someone a card on time is it!
Do you think that’s crazy?  Probably………

Ingredients :
Stamps : Nature’s nest, teeny tiny sentiments, sanded
Card :  Choc chip, early espresso, old olive, river rock, confetti white, watercolour paper
Ink : versamark, stazon, choc chip marker, choc chip
Other : word window punch, clear embossing powder, white pen, aquapainter, dimensionals, big shot, timeless type junior alpha, watercolour crayons

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Looks like you found the technique you were looking for! This looks great and a wonderful idea for a belated card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect male card, and what a cool technique!! Thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, love how you split the greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this turtle and how you've colored it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT is an awesome idea for a belated card! I'm ALWAYS late! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a terrific card! I am glad to know that I am not the only one that gets caught up in the art of making cards and not sending them on time! Thanks for sharing with all of us:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!