Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Explosion Purse

 

I was asked to be a Guest Design Team member for April at Just Add Ink. 

image

What an amazing honour!  The Design Team are all so talented and they have great challenges each and every week.  I am very excited to be a part of the team (for a month anyway)!

This weeks challenge is Just Add a Box or a Bag.

I found this little bag over on Brenda Quintana’s blog.  It’s called an Explosion Purse.  It’s a wonderful design and it’s easy to make too! Bonus!

 

This is my cute and simple version.

IMG_0964

Ingredients :

Stamps : Punch Bunch

Card : Perfect plum 12”, regal rose, white, brights dsp stack

Ink : Melon mambo

Other : big shot, top note, scallop square punch, cropadile, turquoise ribbon (ret.), sticky strip, velcro dot.

 

And this is my Classy “stepped-up” version.

Kathy Tanner - 3D

 

I like the other one, it’s cute. But I love how this one turned out!  I embossed a stamp from Elements of Style with silver embossing powder on black card.  It did take quite a while to emboss the whole sheet, but it was worth it, (it looks so luxurious!)  I also used shimmery white card and embossed it in the big shot using the Square Lattice folder and cut it using the top note die.  I trimmed this down so that it would have an edging of Rich Razzleberry and I used some Razzleberry satin ribbon for the handle and an Antique brad added that extra special touch.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps :  Elements of style

Card : black 12”, shimmery white, razzleberry

Ink  : versamark

Other : silver embossing powder, razzleberry satin ribbon, antique brad, big shot, top note, square lattice folder, cropadile, sticky strip, velcro dot

 

Brenda has instructions for the purse on her blog Qbees quest if you’d like to give it a try.  She is so clever

And make sure to head over to Just Add Ink and check out all the wonderful bags and boxes the rest of the design team have to show you too.

 

Kathy

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Welcome to the JAI DT for the month of April. Your explosion purses are absolutely gorgeous (the simple and jazzed up versions). I came across the same template last week and am itching to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sosososo pretty! I love the extra embossing detail you've included on the second one. It gives it that "quilted" touch that is totally fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These purses are so great!!!! I especially love your stepped up version. It's so elegant and modern!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy you have definitely stepped in to the role of Guest Designer at JAI with style...WELCOME...I luv your jazzed up purse...I have put this in my To CASE file for another day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both great Kathy, but l do love the second one, its SO elegant! Look forward to seeing your creations for the rest of April.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy both of these are just totally gorgeous creations. Thanks for the link on how to make..Ill be putting it in my to do file.
    Cant wait to see what you do for the rest of April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Kathy,
    wonderful to have you on board for a month :) I really like how you produced a normal and stepped up version - to be honest I think both look fabulous - but the silver embossing with latticed top is extra special indeed.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both gorgeous, Kathy. It looks like you had a lot of fun making them; the possibilities are endless, to give different looks, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. These bags are lovely I like the bottom one best for the colours have had a look through your blog and you have made some really pretty things am now a follower
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the embossing the bag is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being chosen for guest DT!!!
    Beautiful purses! I'm going to check out that tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathy! congrats on the guest DT spot! You are so deserving of this wonderful gig! Fabulous little bag ... and gorgeous detail. Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kathy, lovely to have you share your wonderful creations with us this month. Welcome!

    Love your purse with all that embossing...gorgeous.

    If you pop back over to my blog you'll find a link to the template you were after. I have now added it for all :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!