Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Nicest Friend

 

With Anzac Day being this week, Just Add Ink has decided to focus on Mateship or Friendship.

I decided to use the Nicest Things stamp set to create this card for a friend.

IMG_1114

 

My idea was to make the card look like an old-time scrapbook page or perhaps a bulletin board.  I watercoloured the girls, trying to make it look like a photo and left the bunny as a sketch would be.  I used dsp from the hostess paper pack, it is blushing bride.  I sponged crumb cake ink on it to age it a little though because it was too white.

I sponged the clouds using baja and a mask made with a scallop circle and scallop oval punch.  It was the first time I’ve tried this technique and I was really happy with how it turned out.  I think my watercolouring may be full of cloudy skies in the future!

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : The nicest things

Card : espresso, watercolour paper, confetti white, hostess paper pack

Ink  :  baja, espresso, stazon, crumb cake

Other :  crayons, aquapainter, sponge, scallop circle punch, scallop oval punch, linen thread, pip button, photo corner punch, library clip, spiral border punch

 

Why not send a card to a friend  this week “just because”.  Not for any   special occasion, but just to say Hi. 

Kathy

 

April 25th – Anzac Day

ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. In 1917, the word ANZAC meant someone who fought at Gallipoli and later it came to mean any Australian or New Zealander who fought or served in the First World War. During the Second World War, ANZAC Day became a day on which the lives of all Australians lost in war time were remembered. The spirit of ANZAC recognises the qualities of courage, mateship and sacrifice which were demonstrated at the Gallipoli landing.                                    

1 comment:

  1. The cloudy sky is definitely a great feature to this card. I love how you made the card look like a bulletin board. That stamp set is perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!