Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Satin Elements

 

Exciting news!!!  I’ve been asked to be on the design team at Just Add Ink PERMANENTLY! WOOOHOOO!  It has been so much fun playing along with them this month, I am so excited and very honoured to be asked. They are such a wonderfully talented group of ladies (and they’re all lovely too!)

There was only 1 drawback to being on their team and that was that I had to provide a photo of myself!  I hate having my photo taken, (and to have one on the internet for all to see – even worse!) which is why I have never had one on my blog.  I look so much cuter as a cartoon character!  If you’ve ever wondered, it is me as I would be if I was a character from Pokoyo. (I love that show –very cute!)  Anyway my family and close friends realise how much I must REALLY want to be on this design team to make this sacrifice!  Ha Ha!

Well I’d better get on with some stamping stuff………..

The challenge at Just Add Ink this week is to just add a flower.

So I just had to make another one of those gorgeous satin ribbon flowers.

Kathy Tanner - new card

 

I guess I just had to use the Elements of Style stamp set again too.  It’s one of my favourites.

I have made a few cards with this type of flower now you can see them all here

I originally found a tutorial for them on Kelly Acheson’s blog. Click here if you’d like to see it.

 

Ingredients:

Stamps : Elements of style, teeny tiny sentiments

Card : very vanilla, espresso, cherry cobbler

Ink :  espresso, cherry cobbler, crumb cake

Other :  big shot, beautiful wings, vanilla satin ribbon, espresso thin taffeta, antique brad, pearls, word window punch, modern label punch, square scallop die, sticky strip, circle punch

 

Head over to Just Add Ink for some wonderful inspiration for Mother’s Day cards (or just for anyone who loves flowers) and join in the fun and make your own flower card this week.

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Cheer squad is doing a standing ovation! You lucky girl! Well deserved honour for a very talented lady! Hugs xxaxx
    PS Love that flower! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that wasn't too painful was it? (talking about your lovely photo on the JAI blog). I just love everything about this gorgeous card, Kathy. Love Elements of Style and your beautiful silk flower. So glad you got to join the team. Looking forward to actually meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a marvellous and very elegant card!

    love its style!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoooHooo - cool huh? Glad your on the Team too and look forward to getting to know you. Love that silk flower. I will have to learn how to make them now. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Kathy! Your stamping career is just bounding ahead! Good on you! Happy to see such a nice person like you do so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Kathy and I adore that gorgeous flower. Will you teach me how to make one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful creation Kathy, stunning flower, will definately give that technique a whirl.
    Lovely to have you on the team and looking forward to getting to know you and seeing more of your very talented work.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to have you on the team Kathy - and delighted we will get the chance to meet soon! What a gorgeous classic card to start off with and your flower is definitely something special!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!