Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Family Nature

 

Just thought I’d show you another challenge from the Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew.

With this one you have to choose a layout and make a male and female card with it, while keeping the “antique” theme for this month.

CCREW0511HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Holiday/Seasonal Focus -- Family Time! Mom's and Dad's days are here, but let's not forget about the Grandmas and Grandpas either. This month we're doing a his & hers challenge. Choose one layout and make a masculine card and a feminine card!

I decided to use Nature Walk and my grid technique to make a male card.  This one was for my Brother in law’s birthday.  I distressed this one quite a lot to try to make it more “manly”. I used the music notes wheel on the crumb cake and really scrunched it and then sponged crumb cake on it.

IMG_1119 

Ingredients : 

Stamps :  Nature walk, music notes, teeny tiny sentiments, sanded

Card : vanilla, naturals ivory, crumb cake, espresso

Ink :  crumb cake, espresso, river rock

Other :  linen thread, mini library clip, sponges, post its, big shot, lots of tags

 

Then this one is using the same layout but was for my Mum for Mother’s Day, so a “girly” version. For the challenge you didn’t need to use the same stamp set, but I love my new Nature Walk set so much I just had to!  

  

IMG_1133

Ingredients :

Stamps : Nature walk, very vintage, teeny tiny sentiments

Card : Espresso, vanilla, pink pirouette

Ink : pip, crumb cake, espresso

Other : linen thread, espresso thin taffeta, word window punch, modern label punch, pearls, pip button, big shot, square scallop die, sponges, post its

 

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!