Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Z Flower

I have my stamp club tomorrow and our hostess asked if I could show them how to make a Double Z fold card.  I decided to work this in with the challenge at The Paper Players this week which is to add a flower to your project. There are so many beautiful cards on their site, it is inspiring.

This is the outside of the card.  I have used a band to keep it closed and added a beautiful paper flower, which is something else I’ll be able to teach my club ladies.  I first saw one on Joanne Leddy’s blog, there is a tutorial here if you’d like to see how it’s done.


IMG_3550



This is how the card looks once you remove the band and open it up.


IMG_3551



Ingredients :
Stamps : Fresh Vintage, Field Flowers
Card : black, vanilla, everyday enchantment dsp, poppy parade
Ink : stazon, calypso coral & lucky limeade markers, crumb cake
Other : boho, fancy flower, 5 petal flower punches,  everyday enchantment ribbon and brad


I think the ladies are going to love making this card.
I hope so anyway :)



FYI : I have been asked if I would provide the measurements for this card, so here they are.
         I have altered it from other z-fold instructions I've seen so that I didn't have to use 12 x 12" card.
       
         Cut base card at 15 x 27cm
         Score at 4 1/2  and 9 cm in from both ends. (Card is in landscape orientation).
         Fold in second score line at both ends and fold back out on first score.


Kathy

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure your ladies are going to enjoy making this. If I lived a bit closer, I'd join in too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy this is a lovely class project, l'm sure your girls will be over the moon making this...popped it in my case file already..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning - I love the color choices. I bet my club would like it too. Would you be willing to share the measurements? Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out amazingly beautiful, Kathy. It was definitely worth waiting that extra bit of time for your order. I wish I had a private jet; I'd be heading over and crashing your club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Kathy! The flower band is perfect. I love the simple elegance! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is just fabulous! That flower is beautiful and I love the papers you've used. Your ladies will love it too! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!