Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Copic Tidings


Lesley from Freshly Made Sketches has a wonderful challenge on her blog called Merry Monday.   It is a challenge to make a Christmas card each week so that by December you will have a nice little stash of cards to send out. This challenge started on the 2nd of January and I thought it was a fantastic idea because I was short a few cards last year and ran out of time and energy to make more. I just couldn’t make myself start though, I was really “over” christmas card making.
Well I decided to begin Lesley’s challenge this week. She is up to week 16!  It’s hard to believe we are that far into the year already. I am going to try to make 1 Christmas card a week along with her. (We’ll have to see how that goes).

I put my “snowflakes” (actually the star and button) on the opposite side to the sketch.
IMG_4100

I didn’t have any copics last year when I made a few cards with this set, so I was keen to see how it would turn out.  Not too bad. I am sure I will make more cards with it using different colour combos and Lesley’s sketches during the year.

Ingredients :
Stamps : Tidings of Joy
Card : crumb cake, bashful blue, x-press it, ret. dsp
Ink : memento black, crumb cake
Other : copics, button (ret), square punch, dazzling diamonds

If I manage to keep up with this Christmas card challenge I will have over 30 cards by December.  A goal worth striving for I think :)
Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous!! I love the soft blue and your coloring is amazing. Love the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathy! That set just shines with the Copics; it's like you got a whole new stamp set or something! I just love this one. Beautiful job on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, I love the colours and papers you used. Fantastic colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second what Rita said. The colouring has given that set a whole new outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card & perfect coloring! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just SO lovely...your coloring and shading are beautiful! Thanks for participating in the Merry Monday challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too agree with Rita...this set looks amazing coloured with Copics...stunning card Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card love the soft blue !!! and a very good idea to make a christmas card a week but need to find more time !!!! at the moment strugling to get back into regular blogging but will add the challenge to my list thanks for sharing Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is darling! LOVE this image and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!