Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Butterfly Blues


At SU Only Challenges this week the focus is on butterflies. If you love butterflies you should check out all their wonderful creations.

I have only just bought this Swallowtail image and couldn’t wait to try colouring it.


IMG_6220


I stamped the image on crumbcake using Island Indigo and clear embossed it.  Then I painted the “lighter” areas with white ink using my aqua painter and let it dry.  I then used a blender pen and island indigo, baja and razzleberry markers to colour the butterfly, blending it into the white.  I added some white highlights too with the white pen and then cut it out.  I actually stamped it twice so that I could cut the body part out and have it slightly above the wings.  This was the first time I’ve tried this colouring technique and I was really happy with the result.

I also tried the Chalkboard Technique for the first time on this card too.  Simple, but effective!


Ingredients :
Stamps : Swallowtail, Vintage Verses
Card : baja, white, crumbcake, black
Ink : versamark, white, island indigo, markers (razzleberry, baja, indigo)
Other : blender pen, white ep, button (SAB), bakers twine, white pencil


I REALLY didn’t need another butterfly in my collection to be honest but it is so beautiful I couldn’t resist any longer!  Now that I’ve coloured it, I am so glad I bought it, it was so much fun!


Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job of coloring that butterfly! It certainly has lots of depth. Thanks for sharing your creation with SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathy! Love the chalkboard effect of the background panel as well as that fabulously colored butterfly- great job!! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten that Swallowtail stamp yet and you card makes me WANT it so much!!!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning creation - the contrast between the black and the butterfly is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just amazing! I love the way that butterfly looks! Thanks for playing with SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!