Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Party Like a Pirate


I have some exciting news to share today!  I've been asked to join the Design Team at Anna's Craft Cupboard!!!
Anna's is a wonderful Australian online craft store, with great products and fabulous customer service and I am very happy and honoured to be a part of their team :)

And it also means that I get to play with MFT stamps every month :)  YAY!!!

One of the main reasons why I love MFT stamps, is because they are so super cute!  They always make me smile!
BUT they are also versatile and you can make something a little less adorable when needed :)

MFT's Party Like a Pirate is a pretty cute set but I have "grunged" it up a bit and I think now it would appeal to a guy of any age.


I wanted to make the card dark and distressed looking. I decided to use a black card base and accents with this wonderful paper from Carta Bella's Transatlantic range called Vintage Map .  It worked so perfectly with this pirate!

I coloured him in muted colours and used the matching die to cut him out.  I also white embossed a sentiment from the set onto black card.
Then I distressed the panel he is on.  I cut a piece of white card and tore the bottom of it and then I used Distress Inks on it.  Firstly I sponged on some Antique Linen, then some Walnut Stain and finally some Black Soot.  I have had Distress Inks for years and have only just bought the Black Soot.  I never thought I really needed it, but I was SO wrong!!! The panel looked much better once I added it!  If you don't have it - get it! It's a must have :)   I left the centre of the panel white so that the focus would be on the pirate and then I just splashed some water on top of  the panel.  I did sponge a little black around the edge of the patterned paper too.
I also added a few splodges of Black Tie Enamel Accents to add to the "grunginess" of the card.

Copics used :

E 000, 00, 21, 13, 31, 41, 43, 50, 53
R 23, 27, 29, 30, 39, 59
W 00, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
BG 0000, 000
B 02
Y 26, 28


It was so much fun making this card!
I hope you get some time to be crafty this week too :)

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!