Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Razzleberry wishes

I had another win with one of my cards!  The Pretty chocolate for you card won at Stampin’ Celebration this week.  Woohoo!
I was looking for more challenges to do (I have to make the most of my last week of school holidays!) and found this one at Colour Q  which was extremely challenging.
image
Not colours that I would usually put together.  I’m not sure that I’ve even used Cajun Craze or Peach Parfait yet!  The design team’s cards were gorgeous though, so I needed to give these colours a try.
I also incorporated them into the sketch challenge at Paper Players, so doubly tricky!
image

This is what I came up with.

IMG_0828
This card actually looks much nicer in real life (you’ll have to trust me!)  No matter how many photos I took my camera could not pick up the true colour of the Razzleberry and couldn’t capture the “gorgeousness” of the flower unfortunately.
I found a tutorial on how to make this flower here.  It’s by Kelly Acheson and is just beautiful.  Thanks for the inspiration Kelly.  If you click on the link, she has made hers with Razzleberry ribbon also, yet it looks a completely different colour to my photo(?)

Ingredients :
Stamps : Elements of style, very vintage wheel, oval all
Card : Peach parfait, cajun craze, shimmery white
Ink :  Stazon, razzleberry, river rock, old olive, crumb cake
Other :  razzleberry satin ribbon, aquapainter, pearl, sticky strip, oval punch

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card!!! Incredible use of the colors and that flower is simply amazing! Bravo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and so elegant! I love your combo of the CQC colors and this sketch, great fit! Thanks for playing at colourQ this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and wonderful use of the colors, Kathy! Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is frustrating when a photo doesn't do a card justice ... but "trust me" ... this does look stunning. The rich colour of the ribbon & flower is such a gorgeous accent. Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy,
    Another beauty! Congrats on your winning week! I love this pretty flower...so creative!
    Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, fabulous card. I love the colors, the texture on each of the layers and the flower is awesome.
    Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee
    p.s. congrats on your win at stampin celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kathy, the photo does look great but I am sure that this card is truly gorgeous in real life! Love the Elements of Style set and the flower looks amazing! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a beautiful & elegant card! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely stunning, gorgeous and all those other similar adjectives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! love that flower!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!