Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Worm wishes

 

This is my card for this weeks fussy cutting challenge at JAI

 

IMG_1616

 

There may be a couple of things about this card that seem a bit strange.

The first is that there are worms on top of a birthday cake and the second is that it’s a 25th birthday card that looks like it should be for a little kid.

Well it was my son’s birthday yesterday and he turned 25. Wow! Doesn’t that make you feel old!!!  But even though he’s getting old too (he’s just a big boy really), he doesn’t like your average “man’s card”, he likes fun and a bit crazy! 

So I had to get creative!

The worms?  Well this was just a bit of silliness.  I had that worm wishes stamp which fitted right in with my girls wanting to give him “gruesome” boys stuff.  You know, skulls, snakes, bugs, ghosts, that sort of thing.  He also loves shows like Bear Grills and Heston’s Feast where they eat weird stuff like bugs.  For Christmas last year he even got a lollypop with a grub in it.  All my girls thought it was gross!

Anyway hopefully you can see that there was some reason behind all of the madness.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Bugs and kisses, simple birthday thanks

Card : confetti white, crumb cake, turquoise, white, pear, poppy, peach, choc chip, hostess dsp pack

Ink : choc chip, turquoise and pacific markers

Other :  big shot, timeless type alpha, circle punch, linen thread, crystal effects

 

There was quite a lot of cutting out done on this card.  I used the Simple birthday thanks stamp for the cup cake and cut it out.  I also cut out the worms from bugs and kisses and I freehand cut the flames.  I did not cut the number candles though – that’s what I have a Big Shot for.

I hope you’ll check out the other cards at Just Add Ink and challenge yourself to do some fussy cutting too.

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I love the story behind it, too. He sounds like a wonderful, fun son.

    I think the big cupcake is amazing! Now you've made me want that stamp. :) Great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Kathy. The worms are too cute. The beauty of our craft hobby is that we have creative licence :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story behind this card, Kathy; what fun! LOVE the little hole that you created to showcase the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your son loved his wormy card Kathy :) I think it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card and cute story behind it too...and I bet you still think your son is cute no matter how old he gets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally see a big boy loving this card - its so fun (and wormy). I especially like the worm hole with the sentiment - great idea!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever design. Love the colour combo and a perfect card for a birthday.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm glad you explained all that. What a quirky, fun card - just love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!