Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Trim Tree

 

The challenge at JAI this week is to Just Add Sparkle.

I decided to make one last Christmas card for this challenge.

Picture 161

 

The card is much more sparkly in real life.  The snow was made using heat and stick powder and dazzling diamonds.  I white embossed the snow flakes onto shimmery white and then put a dab of glue and dazzling diamonds in the centre of the larger ones.  I sponged pip, pool party and marina mist over the top of the embossing for the sky.

The tree was made using the scallop from the tasteful trim die.  I layered these on top of each other and cut the tree out by hand because it ended up being too thick to cut with my paper cutter.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Four the holidays, confetti, woodgrain

Card : choc chip, pink pirouette, shimmery white, white, celery, wasabi, garden green, crumb cake

Ink : choc chip, versamark, pip, pool party, marina mist

Other : Big shot, tasteful trim, white ep, heat and stick, dazzling diamonds, rhinestone, hodgepodge hardware, clear ep

 

Please take a look at the other sparkly creations the design team have made this week and play along with our challenge.

As this will be my last Christmas card for the year, I would like to take this chance to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and I hope you get some time over the holidays to relax and create.

 

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I LOVE how this turned out! It is the most adorable card! I love all the sparkle and the little scene you created! There you go with that Confetti set again too; I might as well just go ahead and get that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have used the tasteful trim for the tree and your 'confetti' in the background. A lovely Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!