Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Beach Holidays

 

My Roar No More card made me a Princess at Freshly Made Sketches this week :)  And in true Princess style, I have done nothing since!  So I thought I’d post another of my Dirty Dozen cards.

The theme for this month was the song Summertime. 

Summertime in Australia of course means long school holidays, the beach and Christmas.

IMG_4700 

Most Christmas stamps are very "snowy" so I decided to try to make a Christmas beach card instead.

I brayered my circle with pool party and turquoise at the top and river rock at the bottom. I also added some dots of white pen at the waters edge for the foam. I used copics to colour the thongs and also added a little shadow on the sand.

I didn’t exactly use traditional xmas colours either, but I was trying for a tropical Christmas look.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Sunny Fun, Four the holidays

Card : espresso, white, pool party, calypso coral, everyday enchantment dsp

Ink : pool party, turquoise, river rock, memento black

Other : white pen, brayer, square scallop, big shot, , square punch, copics

 

Kathy

1 comment:

I love comments!