Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Love and Sympathy

 

There is a great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week and I thought I’d play along.

 

I decided to use my Love and Sympathy set to make a simple card.  Luckily I don’t need a card like this at the moment but I think they are good to have on hand.

IMG_6400mark

I used my pool party core’dinations for the first time and it looks absolutely gorgeous.  It’s hard to see in the photo but in real life it actually looks like material with this embossing on it.  I was a little unsure about core’dinations with subtles but actually I love it and I think it will get used a lot more than the bolder colours.

I sponged a sky background with pool party and then I used lucky limeade and island indigo markers on the flower and stamped it 3 times without re-inking.

Ingredients :

Stamps : Love and Sympathy

Card : confetti white, white, pool party core’dinations

Ink : pool party, espresso, markers (lucky limeade, island indigo)

Other : white bakers twine, ribbon and button from saleabration pack, lacy brocade ef, big shot

 

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. So pretty and elegant! Your colors are perfect and I love the images! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card! I love the blues and your layered stamping. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I agree with Jen, the colors and image are perfect together. Love the embossing also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the FMS shoutout, Kathy! You've made the perfect sympathy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kathy, the dp sets off your gorgeous image perfectly. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!