Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Favourite Seasons

There is a Cyber Crop happening at Mystical Scapbooks this weekend.
The theme is Favourite Seasons and I chose to do Winter.

Even though I don't really like the cold of Winter, I do love that warm and cozy feeling of snuggling into a blanket or soft knits.  I decided to scrap this photo of my youngest two, there's nothing much sweeter than a baby all snuggled up in a cuddly, fluffy suit is there?!

I tried to convey that warm, cozy feeling of Winter by using felt, and a button and doing some stitching on the page too.  So my challenge for you is to use some kind of fabric, buttons and sewing on your page.




The sentiment along the side is cut from the Eclectic paper by Cocoa Vanilla. I say something similar to my girls every night still, after all this time, so it was perfect for my page.

The paper is Seamstress from the Little Yellow Bicycle Clothesline range.  I really loved both sides and only had 1 sheet, so I had to carefully cut a strip out and reverse it where I wanted the panel to be. But it was worth it!  This paper range is especially gorgeous in real life because it has a linen type of texture on one side.

The darker yellow paper around the photo, matt and the small stars is Simple Stories Life in Colour Teal/Yellow paper.

Cardstock is Bazzill Basic White.

The fancy border and date are from the Pink Paislee Hey Kid Element Stickers.
The alphabet is Sunrise - Natural by Thickers.

I used white felt for my stars and just did a simple stitch, tied at the front, to secure them.

I also used some embossing paste and the Stars Stencil from CC Designs on the white matt behind the photo.  The scalloped rectangle die is also from CC Designs.

I hope you'll be inspired and join us for our Seasonal Challenge.

Thanks for dropping by :)

Kathy










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!