Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

Umbrella Cinnamon


I have another new stamp from CC Designs to share today.
This is Umbrella Cinnamon and she's having lots of fun splashing in puddles :)

My girls love these Cinnamon stamps!
My youngest said "She's so lovely but why do you always colour her in yellow?"
I hadn't realised I was! But I had a good excuse this time anyway.
"Because she's in a raincoat!"
Obviously raincoats can be any colour, but yes I coloured her with yellow.

So I took a look back through my cards to see if she was right.
The results were :
4 Cinnamon cards = 2 yellow, 2 other
So it depends how you look at it I guess, like a glass half full or half empty type thing :)






My colour and paper choices were also inspired by the mood board challenge at Scrapbook Boutique.
It's a board full of summery/beachy images.  So not like this stamp at all BUT it has lots of yellow beach umbrellas and yellow swimsuits against a cloudy blue sky. The quote on the board is perfect too!
So I made this image fit :)

Ingredients :
Stamps :Umbrella CinnamonLittle Pixie - Sunshine
Card : x-press it, suede, Homegrown (Pebbles), Oxford Lane (MME)
Ink : memento black, versamark
Other : white ep, Tilda lace die (Magnolia), copics


I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges :
Scrapbook Boutique - mood board
Word Art Wednesday -  anything goes with a sentiment

Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. It's easy to see how you were inspired by the moodboard and I really just love that little Cinnamon! I think yellow is such a stand out colour it just pops and is easy to remember. I too use a lot of yellow.
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Kathy. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to share your talents with us. It's a pleasure to have you play along in our challenge, and I hope that you will join us again soon. Have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's because 'yellow' is happy and fun just like these stamps, she is super sweet. So glad you could share with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the choice of yellow too! Yellow is definitely a happy colour, just like the mood board at Scrapbook Boutique - your card suits this mood board perfectly! So happy you shared with us this month at SBB!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!