Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Birthday Chicks

I have another card for Anna's Craft Cupboard to share today.

This one uses the super-cute MFT stamp Birthday Chicks.
They are adorable aren't they?!

I also used a new MFT die called Big Birthday which I really love!






I started off by colouring the chicks with Copics (which was fun) and then I made a background for them using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I used some repositional tape to create a straight line for the grass and sponged on some Mowed Lawn and Evergreen Bough with the Tim Holtz mini foam ink blending tool.

I used the tool again to apply Peacock Feathers for the sky and then I splashed on a little water.

I cut the die out using orange cardstock and used a glue pen to adhere it to the background.
The best and easiest way to get your letters straight and even is to use the outside of the diecut as a kind of template.

I cut a rectangle around the "Happy Birthday" from the die-cut and adhered it to the background with the same tape I used when I sponged the distressed grass.  It held the template in place while I glued the back of each letter and adhered it back into the stencil.  When you've glued them all in you just remove the tape and the outer piece (the template)  and the letters are positioned perfectly!  :)

I popped the chicks up on some foam tape and added some stars from the Jillibean Soup Shaker Card and Sequin Pack Watercolour with Shapes .  These are lovely!  They are clear but have a hint of orange.  I attached them with Tim Holtz Glossy Accents.






I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :

Love to scrap challenge : anything goes
Penny Black and more challenge : feature a creature
Word art Wednesday : sentiment
Fashionable Stamping Challenges : One for the girls



Thanks for dropping by today :)

Kathy












9 comments:

  1. Yes, they are adorable Kathy! Lovely colouring, thanks for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More Challenges this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the adorable scene! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Scrap! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, those little chicks are adorable.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping challenges.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card! Thank for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colours and a really cute image, many thanks for joining in with our 'Feature a Creature' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy,
    This is super cute!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great creation! So blessed you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again in our current Challenge. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Psalm 31:24 which says, "Be strong and take heart, all you hope in the Lord." So sorry for my late comment, just been so busy!

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!